Tips for Flood Prevention
Here at SERVPRO of Richmond and SERVPRO of Henrico, our team of professionals works tirelessly to help restore the homes and businesses in our local community. We’re equipped with the experience and technology to help restore your property regardless of the size or extent of the storm disaster. However, there are some steps that you can take to help prevent damages and limit your losses from a storm.
- Regularly inspect your home or business for damage and to ensure that everything is functioning as it should such as your sump pump, door seals, roof, and siding.
- Regularly clean your gutters and make sure downspouts are properly draining water away from the building.
- Make an emergency plan and know what to do should damage occur to your property. If you’re a business, we offer a free program called the emergency ready plan that will help you with this.
- Make sure you understand your insurance policies and what’s covered. Most standard policies do not cover flood damage and will require a separate flood policy.
- Install flood prevention measures if you live in a flood prone area.
While these tips may not completely prevent damage to your home or business in a storm, they will help to lower your risks of serious damage. If you’re in need of storm damage restoration give us a call, we’re available 24/7, 365 days a year for emergency services.