Develop an Emergency Plan for your Business
As a business owner in Richmond or Henrico you are responsible for what goes on in your building. This includes how well-equipped you and your employees are to respond to an emergency situation. It is important to create a contingency plan for responding to any type of emergency that may affect your building and the people inside it.
Things to Consider
A good emergency action plan has several components:
- Acknowledges the types of emergencies that may occur
- Safe space location and evacuation plan
- Key personnel and the specific tasks they perform and are responsible for
- Contact information for employees
- Contact information for emergency response team and damage mitigation experts
- Medical assistance procedures
Having a solid plan can ensure that nothing important is overlooked when disaster strikes.
Your evacuation plan can look great on paper and still fail if you do not walk employees through its steps on a regular basis. To ensure the successful implementation of your emergency protocols, start by training all employees so they can learn the details of the process and the part they play in it. Host surprise drills in which everyone gets to practice evacuating the building or proceeding to the designated protective areas safely. The more you talk about and run through your plan, the calmer employees are likely to be if an emergency does happen.
If you have a fire emergency in your building, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Richmond and SERVPRO of Henrico at 804-740-6151.