Things to Know about Fire Spinklers
Selecting the best fire sprinkler system for your commercial building can be a tough decision. There are many different options, all with their own pros and cons, and each with specific applications in mind. Here are a few things that you should consider when choosing your fire sprinkler system.
- Different Suppressors – The typical sprinkler system uses water to put out fires, but there are other kinds as well. If your building has a lot of machinery or electronics that can be damaged by water, there are also chemical suppressants, and even systems that use inert gasses to smother the fire that won’t damage electronics.
- The Amount of Suppressant – Different systems will use different amounts of suppressant. Depending on your building's size and use, this is something else that you should consider.
- Trigger Types – This is the part of the sprinkler that will cause it to activate and there are a few different types. Some are electronic sensors that are connected to the system and will trigger when they detect the presence of smoke, and others involve components that will break or burst at a certain temperature.
- Location – Deciding where to place your sprinklers is another important factor in your sprinkler installation. For this, it’s best left to a professional to walk your building with you and point out the key areas where they should go.
- Cleanup – One final thing that you should consider is the cleanup process. Because different systems use different means to smother the fire, the means by which you’ll need to clean up afterward will be different. In most cases, you’ll need the services of a professional company to properly clean up after the system is set off.
Choosing the right sprinkler system for your building is a crucial part of making sure you minimize the risks of fires for your business. While sprinklers do not stop fires from happening, a properly functioning fire suppression system could be the difference between a small business interruption, and a total loss of property. If your business has experienced a fire, our team here at SERVPRO of Richmond and SERVPRO of Henrico is available 24/7, 365 days a year for emergency services. Give us a call and let us know how we can help you get your business back to “Like it never even happened.”